25-27 April 2017, Birmingham
Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2017
GALM is Europe’s leading conference for automotive lightweight materials. This year, it focuses specifically on the latest advancements in materials, including metals, composites and thermoplastics, reliable joining methods and new solutions for lightweighting of structural parts and components, as well as lightweighting that is specific to conventional and electric vehicle ranges.
Expert insight will be provided by more than 30 OEM Led presentations including FCA Group, Volkswagen, Daimler, Tata Motors, Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, Bentley and many more.
The key topics for GALM Europe 2017 will include:
- Material Selection Strategies & Multi Material Architectures: Review practical OEM case studies to understand material selection and implementation philosophies that allowed OEMs to achieve considerable weight and costs savings
- Lightweighting Opportunities of Structural Parts, Components, Engine and Powertrain: Explore new materials, weight reduction opportunities and design methodologies driven by the changing vehicle manufacturing landscape
- Innovative Joining Technologies: Review new joining methods for metals to composites, metals to metals and plastics to metals to evaluate their high-volume feasibility and potential cost savings
- Use of Composites, Thermoplastics, Glass Fibre and Other New Materials For Weight Reduction: Learn about the manufacturing developments of new material processes to explore areas for their applications in new vehicle models
- Lightweighting For Electric Vehicle Range: Explore opportunities for lightweighting across new electric vehicle range
- Material Production Methods: Review developments in material production methods, including injection molding, RTM, high pressure die casting, and others to understand how they drive cost reduction across multi material designs